September 2022 News
For next year’s edition in our Paperback Writers Series we are seeking outstanding work from 10 new emerging and established voices from Seacoast NH and the border towns of southernmost Maine. Writers chosen receive a share of the book’s net profits. We are also recruiting nonfiction and fiction editors, copyeditor, book designer, advance publicist, publishing intern, social media admins, and event planner. These gigs to help produce and market the book also earn a profit share or royalty much the same as one of the chosen writers. More details on this page.
Our first reading with Merrill, Todd, Clark and Christina took place at Portsmouth’s Discover Center (the old public library) hosted by the Portsmouth Historical Society. Additional readings will be taking place monthly at other small venues around the watershed. Bring your copy to get it signed by the authors readng that evening, and if you don’t yet have one, we’ll have copies on sale before the reading starts and during the break. So far we have booked:
- Thursday, September 15th, 6–8pm at Rice Public Library, 8 Wentworth St., in Kittery Foreside. Readings by: Cathy Wolff of Kittery (nonfiction), S Stephanie of Rollinsford (poetry), and James Patrick Kelly of Nottingham (fiction).
- Thursday, October 20th, from 7–9pm at Water Street Bookstore, 125 Water Street, downtown Exeter. Readings by Bill Burtis of Exeter (poetry), Mary Ann Cappiello of Stratham (nonfiction)and Rebecca Rule of Northwood will be reading for Mary Duquette, also of Stratham (fiction).
- Check back soon for updates on readings scheduled in November, December, & January.
- Order First Edition copies of our books celebrating homegrown talents directly from our Shop (with free shipping), or visit one of our retailers.
- Subscribe to our newsletter and follow the progress of our book projects and events.
- Join our team of creative professionals working to publish and promote local talent in our next book, we profitshare! Currently we’re recruiting for Ten Piscataqua Writers 2023.